Personality in the work place is best when it’s an affable one. Personalities do not always get along in an office environment, which gives birth to the concept of office politics at work-places. Personality development affects the work environment in an office in beneficial ways. Personality development leads to building good rapport with fellow-colleagues and provide a foundation of understanding and trust among the members of an office. Individuals and teams have a good inter-personal skill among themselves. There is harmony that exists in the office and the manner in which work gets done, is more refined and is of better potential.
Performance gets carried to a new level with personality development. All of the above are the pros of having personality development. This is why, as has been highlighted before in this website, the need for personality development is beyond what words can explain, it is stupendous and tremendously essential. The benefits are multi-fold as compared to the little time that it takes to effectively develop a personality or personalities- Albeit a seminar of a day, a workshop of two-three days, a get-away / development module to be conducted outdoors, modules, online material – websites and more, the benefits are plentiful and the effect is long lasting.
To sum up the effects of personality development on the work environment are as listed below:
· Builds morale of employees.
· Builds the confidence and the communicative abilities of people at office.
· Builds the attitude of the office on the whole, brings about positivity in the environment.
· Helps in bettering communication within and outside office.
· Helps in understanding and being understood better.
· Sharpening of inter-personal and social skills. Bettering of attitude and behaviour, resume writing skills as well.
· Growth in thoughts and opinions.
· Growth and development of a person providing a whole-some benefit to the personality.
· The ability to be able to have good relations with other organizations as well by mastering the skills to good networking; this is one of the benefits of personality development.
Not much more needs to be said as the above says a lot! Yet, like stated before, how much ever is said about the importance of personality development, it is not enough; that much is the strength and potential of a good personality development method; and it’s a win-win situation when there are so many methods today for achieving a good, developed personality.